Error: cannot patch "prometheus-kube-state-metrics" with kind Service: Service "prometheus-kube-state-metrics" is invalid

Hello !
I am new to prometheus ,
I am trying to update my prometheus helm chart from stable to prometheus community one but end up with below error .
Error: cannot patch “prometheus-kube-state-metrics” with kind Service: Service “prometheus-kube-state-metrics” is invalid: spec.clusterIP: Invalid value: “”: field is immutable && cannot patch “prometheus-kube-state-metrics” with kind Deployment: Deployment.apps “prometheus-kube-state-metrics” is invalid: spec.selector: Invalid value: v1.LabelSelector{MatchLabels:map[string]string{“app.kubernetes.io/name":"kube-state-metrics”}, MatchExpressions:[]v1.LabelSelectorRequirement(nil)}: field is immutable
previously I were using stable/prometheus : 10.4.0 which was working before the upgrade now current state is it’s broken. helm is failed to deploy the release .
Any pointers would be really helpful.

Welcome to the community!

Which flavour/version of kubernetes are you using? Do you provide custom configurations/overrides to the helm chart that could cause this?